Thread: death grips
View Single Post
Old 05.03.2012, 02:06 PM   #81
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
SGP is gonna release an album with remastered old songs and a few new songs this summer. off that lo-fi tip, i guess. and yeah he's fresh.

Awesome! Now that I think about it, I never really checked out any of his older shit, aside from a few YouTube videos. That should keep me more than happy 'till that new lp drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
to be honest, I never got into that SpaceGhostPurp tape either. I felt like i wanted to though. Like I liked the idea more than the finished product. The lo lo lo-fi might've killed it for me though. I'd throw it on and end up wanting to hear 3-6 instead.

Oh man, I loved how similar it was to 3-6. That's the same reason I love Krucifix Klan & Evil Pimp's stuff. But SGP was young, exciting, and was mixing all sorts of Mortal Kombat and Godzilla samples into his beats and shit, and he was pretending that all his albums were recorded in the 90's - it was brilliant.

I don't mind a little lo-fi horrocore ether, hell, I bump EVOL (Detroit rapper) and old Inner City Posse/House of Krazees all the time. I think SGP really fit in on that level.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|