Thread: piano?
View Single Post
Old 09.10.2006, 06:31 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Brad Mehldau's Radiohead covers are dark. There are solo & versions with his trio.
http://www.bradmehldau.com/
I also have about 20 soundboards of solo or trio, a few pro-shot videos & an ARTE TV documentary.

& yeah, I know of Diamanda Galas. She's okay, although it really doesn't take a hell of lot of talent to pretend to be possessed....let's be honest. She probably took Mike Garson's piano solo on Bowie's "Aladdin Sane" as her launching pad or at least her stuff certainly sounds that way...it may be dark, but it's in no way virtuosic. I saw her way back when before many of you were even in elementary school on David Sanborn's short-lived Night Music TV show. Another episode, as is well-known now, featured Sonic Youth greatness.

Ah, that's the chappy. I heard those on the radio, didn't make a note of his name. Danke.

And regarding your DG comments, that you need to suggest that she, someone you don't like, 'ripped off' Bowie, someone you do like, shows a certain lack of insultative flair.

She's a good pianist. Maybe not world class, I wouldn't know, not playing the instrument. But a good one. And her voice is very much a 'one man's meat' thing, there really is no point criticising or defending it. I love her, somedays more than anyone else, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|