View Single Post
Old 05.18.2017, 10:59 AM   #21042
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
maybe because of my cultural origins i related to the che story i guess. i though it was a good/fair biopic. now that i think about it i wasn't really watching it for "drama" but rather almost as a documentary.

you're right that sodeberg(h?) is a good human-based storyteller. in that sense he's good but also a bit conventional.

as for the technical prowess part, it's not so much prowess per se. that would be cameron and his shitty titanic, or kubrick and his candelit scenes. but he's got a really good level of craft, which... kevin smith doesn't, lol.

craft is highly underrated these days but i think it makes things very good.

oh the thing came from solaris tarkovski vs soda-city. i've only watched the russian one and i love the way it looks. i love it so bad it hurts.

but im more of a visual glutton than a human story one, if i should say this. i mean i enjoy both, but im really a glutton for the spectacle of cinema, except for when it's too fucking dumb like in a michael bay movie or the hammy-ass fucking spartacus.

speaking of human story, i should insist, hype aside, manchester by the sea was really good fucking writing.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|