View Single Post
Old 05.18.2017, 10:47 AM   #21041
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
That's funny. I didn't really like Che. I actually own both parts on DVD and I've never watched them twice. Maybe I should.

Wow. I just now realized I own more Soderbergh than any other director.

I haven't seen Traffic in years, but I remember being impressed with the distinct color scheme for each story (yellow for mexico, blue for Mike Douglas' part, etc). And in these sort of huge multi-story epics, character is usually the first thing to go, but all the major characters have their own interesting arcs. If Michael Mann had directed Traffic, it would've sucked.

I think I find in Soderberg a nice blend of human-based storytelling and a technical prowess which serves the storytelling without overwhelming it. This happens to suit my particular, personal, wholly-subjective taste.

Yeah, taste. He and I have a very similar taste. For my movie watching, I guess I'd more often prefer to have a series of satisfying experiences rather than one massive iconic thing to film-geek-out on, and he's happy to oblige.

Where is all this coming from by the way? A reaction to some article overpraising Steven?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|