View Single Post
Old 05.05.2015, 03:41 PM   #46549
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think the White Stripes did a better variation on the blues than Zeppelin. They added color and texture, coming up with an unbelievable amount of combinations for a duo that favored red and black.

See, I think the supposed awesomeness of Zeppelin is self evident to rock fans. But I am not a rock guy. I've always liked music that came from either an infinitely more minimal (or more maximal) place. I'm a punk and lo-fi Bruce Banner carrying around a hip-hop and drum n' bass Hulk inside my psyche.

Zeppelin isn't part of my language. But I'm not gonna say you're wrong for liking them. So... U know.. Don't imply that I'm wrong for thinking Jpy Divison was twice the band Zeppelin was.

i think you're wrong because they're on a different scale. it's not an issue of taste. if you were to have said bowie i'd accept the difference as a matter of aesthetic preferences. shit, bowie defined the era and then the era to come--where zep was a kind of apotheosis of the 60s legacy bowie was leaping ahead to the future. but joy division as much as one might like them or as much as they might have influenced its successors is not in the same league as either of them.

eta: same goes for the white stripes who had 3 decades to come up with their own minor variation. and while that's not my scene google just showed me that lately jack white has been covering the lemon song w/ a spent plant as guest vocalist lolol.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|