View Single Post
Old 05.05.2015, 11:57 AM   #46543
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the period i mentioned covers 69 to 75. those were their years.

and they embodied both the glory and the excesses of that time

lou = sure fine but more of a troubador
can = brilliant but in their own planet
wire = fine if you like them, but they're from later. more "pre-80s" than "the 60s in overdrive".
the ramones = JOHNNY RAMONE FUCKING WORSHIPPED JIMMY PAGE
joy division = LATE 70s when zep had already turned to shit, besides *no fucking way*

get yourself a fat lp of led zeppelin's first album turn the amp LOUD drop that needle and listen to what they did to the blues with it. that album is a lot of blues covers, but DAT SOUND. who else can make it? !!!

don't listen to it in a miserable ipod with shit headphones

You seriously don't think I've heard Led Zeppelin's debut album? Come on, man. Everyone goes through a Zeppelin phase, even if it only lasts a minute. I'm no different.

But I think a solid argument could be made that Pink Floyd defined the 70s. They were not without their own flaws, but they were always vastly more interesting than Zeppelin. Hell, so was the Who. Oh, and the Dead. Jimi Hendrix Experience. Dylan. I'd take Springsteen & the E Street Band over Zeppelin any day, and I am not even a fan. Neil Young. Hey, even Fleetwood Mac. Way better than Zeppelin.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|