View Single Post
Old 07.31.2013, 11:41 PM   #636
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i like Nicki but she prefers to be a pop artist.

Sighs. While I could careless about Nikki Manaj, I will say this, her embracing entirely of the empty and sterile pop music scene when quite clearly she is something resembling an artist (maybe not musically) is symptomatic of the overall decline in rap and hip hop music in the past 10-15 years. The mainstream killed it so much that rap music is the background for kids shows, they be hip hop on Sesame Street now (and not just in imitation of the Electric Company).. Rap was popular, but artists avoided that pop music suicide where you give in entirely to being just a commodity.

Quote:
Ludacris used to be amazing, but now he'd rather act in Fast & Furious movies and work with.. Justin Bieber?

Don't be hating on the Bieb yo.

Quote:
50 Cent - i miss him. Get Rich or Die Tryin'.. you guys already know how much i like that album. this is one of my fav songs ever - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FhVdohucJ4. plus he still drops a decent track every now and then.

The guy was terrible, always was terrible, I never knew what the fuck the Game was doing over there, glad he got dissed and came to his westcoast senses.

Quote:
Snoop Lion sucks.

He does actually, but lets give him credit. At first this all just looked like some crassly commercial thing, but increasingly it looks sincere, like Snoop is honestly trying to be something affiliated with positive lifestyle of Rastafari, however he is already a marketed image, the marketing baggage comes with Snoop as a package whatever he does, even if he just retired. So I'm going to wait and reserve judgment, both as a Snoop fan since grade school and a card-carrying Rastafari..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|