View Single Post
Old 01.23.2010, 01:25 AM   #12
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
it's sad that some website that even musicians and journalists, i mean for real journalists and musicians, not to mention thousands of people around the world take seriously when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about ("...is credited with "mooger fooger", which we thought was hilarious until we realized it was an actual thing"--today's news item on new erykah badu album), focus on bands that are good because they hear that, for some reason, they are good, grab on to them so hard that people decide to stop listening to them because said website likes them.

i love animal collective, one of the best, most forward thinking pop bands in the last ten years; hipsters like them but they won't in five years, ac's records will still be around.

merriweather post pavillion, thought, is a massive disappointment.

shit bands people listen just because pitchfork likes them: dirty projectors, hot chip, grizzly bear, vampire weekend, neon indian, high places, etc.
i love MPP and like hot chip (not their new one though) and high places; otherwise i agree with your point completely
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|