View Single Post
Old 05.13.2009, 04:30 PM   #35
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
i agree, this is why today people battle for street cred and authenticity when in fact that is not the point, it is not how much you can sing about your own experiences, but rather how much can you sing, write and perform songs which reflect the individual and collective experiences of the audience. This is from blues to gangster rap, street performing to stadium gigs..

Exactly, which is why I think Buddy Holly was more prolific than Bob Dylan.

I said it.

But sometimes also, if u can sneak a simple simple 'saying' past someone, in a cryptic manner, not enough ppl do that anymore either.

like I think "oh boy" was not saying "oh golly" but rather buddy holly saying he was either gay or bi.

I've messed with that writing too...my song "hot damn" sounds like it's about girls in the club or girls letting loose or some entertaining shit...it's really about anna nicole smith dying and the media making it such a big sympathy story...even tho they are the ones who ridiculed her until she was dead...and she never had any self control...who cares about someone who let their lack of control consume them...when earthquakes are consuming innocent ppl on the other side of the world....

it's political without being pretentsious, most of the lyrics just say hot damn....

or another song where I make no sense to the average listener....

"scrambled eggs will possess your legs and take you around the barn some travel around the world to see a foreign farm" is about how it doesnt matter where u are as long as u have the right friends and support you'll be fine, which was the opposite result of my friend, who moved to another city, became a heroine addict, and fucked up alot of good relationships and freindships because he was trying to go to that "sacred place where shit was hot". and the first lines refer to paul mccartney's original title for "yesterday", scarmbled eggs...which was our code word any time me and him would have a new song we wanted to show the other...and around the barn was a technique for recording we made up....the backstory is long but basically we knew eachother since 2nd grade and grew up together, not just as friends but I showed him his first rock n roll record and he got me into playing guitar...bla bla noone cares but this is about being CRYPTIC and PROLIFIC and not singing about the man bringin you down and bla bla Im so tough all the girls fuck me bla bla bla bla!!!!!!
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|