View Single Post
Old 10.17.2008, 11:13 AM   #62
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollocks_to_Pop
I went to the show in SF last night. Six Organs opened for them. To be honest by the time I got there I still wasn't too familiar with the Dead C's music, so I really went more to see Ben. He did not disappoint at all. Beautiful guitar work. For the final number he brought Sir Richard Bishop up and they did a guitar "duel" as they called it which was amazingly beautiful. After the set I went up and talked with Ben for a little and he's a real nice guy.

As for the Dead C...well the first half hour of their set was good. For me though, it lost what energy it had shortly afterwards and the music from then on seemed a bit rambling. Maybe it was a bad night, I'm not sure. I still got their new CD though and am going to listen to it with an open ear and maybe I'll like it more than the show.

To me, the new Dead C stuff is too drowned out, boring Drone stuff, poorly executed. They used to be a band that definitley experimented with Noise and Drones, but they were ultimatly a rock band. To understand thier brilliance you have to hear "Trapdoor Fucking Exit" and "Harsh 70s Reality", don't worry about anything else.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|