View Single Post
Old 08.27.2013, 07:17 PM   #45719
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
lol. fuck reznor. talentless git.

I suppose I can see why someone might get that idea. He is a meat heat and he loves Rush and he's a figure who gained popularity in the post-Nirvana '90s, so there's a compulsion to think of him as part of that group of totally goddamn boring gutless faux metal shock groups (see Tool, RATM, Rob Zombie), but you not liking his music doesn't make him talentless. He's an Oscar winning score composer. He has absolutely refused to even acknowledge trends in popular music, and has only ever done his own thing on his own terms. He can write 12:00 industrial metal anthems, moody, complex piano-based instrumental pieces, and pop songs that pull from Depeche Mode, the Cure, Ministry, and Pinl Floyd in equal measure. He loves his fans and hates record companies, and he has probably done more, at the mainstream level, for electronic music than anyone else from is era.

So call his music crappy all you want, but be fair. The guy is objectively talented.

That's not why I listen. I listen because it takes me back to high school... To the downward spiral, and simpler times. When a handjob made a weekend a success, and failure was... No handjob. Sucky, but a pretty mild low compared to how life gets later on.

Anyway, I like it. It's fun. And good. It's even great at moments.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|