View Single Post
Old 03.15.2012, 05:34 AM   #159
muttlegs
empty page

muttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's assesmuttlegs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think also itīs quite stupid to say specially anything negative opinions before hearing the whole record at least one time (well I have also said few times, but Iīm not going to do it anymore). Specially because these are SY fan sites and Lee is SY guitarist. I think too many people today seem to have need to say something negative about almost everything. I have listened a little bit from every song from Leeīs new, but I donīt want to say anything before I get the vinyl and have good opportunity to concentrate it properly. SY is the most important band to me, so I donīt want to say anything about it superficially.

I agree that first impressions are different to a more considered opinion after giving the vinyl a few spins. I streamed the LP on Rolling Stone and to me it sounded a bit dad rock.
I think like many people I expected a bit more of an angular approach but it sounds very traditional. The fact the picked 'Off The Wall' as the first track is has wrong footed people as it does have a lot more SY in it than the majority of the album. The SY style of that track is I am sure why it was picked.
Some people seem under the impression that Lee tracks were shunned in the band and this album is an opportunity for him to free himself of those shackles.
Expecting an album of all new songs in the vein of all of the ones he has written through the years was always gonna end in tears.
I will get it anyway and judge it on its own merits outside of SY.
Maybe he needs the others to be SY Lee anyway?
muttlegs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|