View Single Post
Old 04.11.2017, 06:57 PM   #2697
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
[

they're shameless...I imagine kars for kids scammers will start singing about syrian children shortly. "Donate your property or boat so we can help the poor devastated syrian children..."

“Never let a good crisis go to waste”
― Winston S. Churchill

This is like living in Soviet Cuba. NBC took Maddow off the air while the missiles were flying. While Maddow is generally a DNC parrot, she does have admirable antiwar views and would have broken the 'beautiful' narrative. They brought Brian Williams in to quote Leonard Cohen?

http://dailywesterner.com/news/2017-...assads-regime/
[scroll to the bottom to see the original page screenshot]

That was weird with Brian Williams. That was super weird.

"Identity politics" is thrown around as a snowflake term referring to gender and shit, but people are REALLY, LITERALLY contributing to a culture of self-identification through ideology.

Williams wants the world to know he feels all the feels that a good Putin-hating American liberal ... y'know... feels. In this instance, because he's anti-Trump, he's also anti-Putin, so he said his ridiculous, utterly fucking absurd thing to toe the ideological line.

I Fucking hate Trump. I Fucking hate Putin. I tend to be more liberal than conservative, but I still abhor unnecessary violence -- murder, committed for political gain, as proof that Trump isn't in Putin's pocket... I hated it when Obama flexed his military muscle, and I hated it when Bush did. I'm not so wrapped up in "identity politics" (hey, if they can take "fake news," why can't we take their shitty ass words?) that I'm going to just place a stamp of approval on whatever idiotic thing that may publically make me look more like I belong with the group I've chosen.

I.e. looking like I'm the epitome of my political beliefs which no matter what the cost. And, being currently in the minority because I'm a "liberal," defining myself through opposing what "liberals" are not "supposed" to like. --- That's what Williams did, and he made himself look distinctly non-liberal in the process.

It's all about appearance and party allegiance and I think some of the people in the public eye who are saying things that are as off-the -rails stupid as what Williams said are actually quite confused about what they are/aren't "supposed" to think.

Did that make any sense? Symbols? Anyone?

Oh, and Maddow isn't a DNC parrot. She's a liberal and a Democrat, but calling her a "DNC parrot" is not inaccurate and, honestly, I'm not even 100% sure wht you even mean by that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|