View Single Post
Old 11.20.2011, 06:48 AM   #6
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
At this point I'm most curious about what they will go on to do as individual artists rather than what they can do as a band...what they can do I've already seen and heard. The band has seemed most interested in their side projects for a while. I'd like to see them strengthen their indidvual talents without (what has become...) the restrains of of each other. No doubt, things will be interesting. Little doubt that they'll "never play together as a band again"...even though I doubt it will be much (if ever again). Lee's been onto some great things/ideas over the past few years, and in many ways I think it's time for him to flourish as an individual writing songs on his own, or improvising with others (very little of what Lee has been involved in through the years outside of the Youth has sucked, while for me, most of what Thurston has done just sounds like he's missing Lee in order to make his "ok" songs sound amazing).

There no doubt will be future releases/etc. In the same way, no doubt no one will ever see them as individuals without associating them with "Sonic Youth". Will be weird seeing T-Bird solo in February. I don't have high hopes for the show even though I think it will be fun. Would kill to see Lee without the Youth, though. I've said it a million times and still mean it when I say his importance in that band has always been underappreciated.

Lee is free (and now with much more time to be as such).

Yeah, I'm excited.

Fuck Kim and Thurston's relationship and all this "OMG WE"VE LOST HOPE" rubbish. Sure, something went wrong...but it would be even worse for them to continue working together on an artistic level if they aren't happy together on a personal one. Maybe they haven't been free, maybe now they can be.

<3