View Single Post
Old 02.16.2018, 09:40 AM   #2070
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I realize that I set myself up for ridicule time and time again, but whatever...

So The Smashing Pumpkins announced their "reunion" tour, which ultimately just means that James will now play w/ Billy & Jimmy. I mean, Jimmy has been involved with like 90% of Billy's projects post-Machina anyway. It's also funny to call it a reunion given that "The Smashing Pumpkins" have been putting out albums using that name for years. So yeah this is totally just James Iha re-joining the band.

ANYWAY, what makes the tour exciting is that they're doing setlists that are totally culled from their 90's output. They specifically said in the press release that this tour will be setlists of songs from Gish through Machina. So that's awesome. My wife and I are planning to catch them in July.

ALSO, we're thinking about seeing a Pixies/Weezer show in July as well. I think she's more excited about that one than the SP one actually. These are three of my favorite bands, so I'm just plain excited.