View Single Post
Old 04.06.2010, 10:38 AM   #17
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I can't stand effects pedals for myself, and they are overused, but that's not a hard-and-fast rule. I like what some people do with them. And some people use them as a crutch. Ebows are often used by Keith Rowe, who's one of the greatest guitarists this fair country has produced. They are also used by stock post-rock bands, poorly.

Essentially, it's odd criticising pedals when you're using amps - it's hardly like the average amp produces the same tone as the acoustic tone of a guitar. Most rock is 'synthetic', but I hardly think that matters.

i used to really love keith rowe, then i read more about him and interviews and listening to his stuff the last ten or so years has made me think abit that at the same time that he is very revolutionary in the technique of prepared guitar (i give him alot of credit of such in my own playing) he can also be quite pretentious and self indulgant, not sure how the falling out of him in AMM exactly occured but its pretty sad.

agreed effects are very debatable indeed, i rotate only a handful pedals at most and half are varations of distortion/fuzz, along with a phaser and a delay/looper. i love what guitarists such as Lee and Nels do with all those effects they use, but its just too much on the floor for me to deal with along with trying to concentrate on the instrument itself.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|