View Single Post
Old 12.04.2007, 06:34 PM   #6
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan
only if you're into plants...

and I'm into plants, so it works out.

I've been digging the shit out of Kenneth Rexroth as of late. Definitely check out some of that shit. I ran across a piece by Rob Siliman titled "The Chinese Notebook" which has been a very interesting read.
ron silliman??
yes!
wow, first time i've ever seen a mention of him on this forum!
buzzo should check out people like berrigan (the easy stuff, the sonnets are amazing but maybe not buzzos cuppa tea), frank o'hara, john ashberry etc etc. they are an introduction to a "modenist" mentality in poetics tho that still remain basically undifficult (clear images, narrative structure, poet is there in presence, long lines). i don't know whether buzzo wants to jump straight into silliman or other post-avants right away (or maybe he could just read his blog!). anyway - ashberry, shuyler, berrigan, o'hara tho it's only one route to go down, there are countless others....
if you're feeling saucy you could check out creeley, olson and zukofsky.