View Single Post
Old 03.27.2006, 11:59 PM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheii

Do you value a connection to the irrational over the rational, or vice-versa? I've illustrated above why I think that the irrational leads to better fiction writing, does anyone disagree?

As in what is happening in the story? Then I'd say yeah...the irrational/absurd are things that often make a story worth reading. Nobody really wants to read a story about Dick and Jane and their 3 kids that they take to soccer practice after a quick dinner at 5 o'clock on Monday's Wednesday's and Friday's.......nothing happens. This does not compel the reader to read on. Of course, most stories have to be somewhat rational or when the irrational/horrible thing happens (or I guess I should say turning point or climax of the story), then it will hold no weight or meaning.