View Single Post
Old 09.03.2017, 12:01 PM   #166
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I don't get the impression that blunt is actually involved in rainbow edition, seems like a bit of a hype pisstake but still hits the spot. of the recent stuff only 10/10 and the other one that sounded like the blue overs on record strike me as having him. makes me wonder what happened to the hyperdub record that was announced back in 13 -- know for a fact this existed and was made by "dean and a friend" so i'm guessing it might be black metal but unsure as to why goodman didn't get to put it out.

Yeah, apparently no Blunt and no Copeland. But the whole goddamn affair is shrouded in so much deliberately confusing misdirection and mystery at this point that, honestly, who the fuck knows? Just how deep does the meta-joke go here? I don't fucking know. But I did listen to it, and I do like it... if not as much as, say, Babyfather... definitely not as much as Black Metal or the previous HW stuff. Some of that 2009-11 material really struck a chord with me, and I'd love to hear the logical conclusion and know it's what I was looking forward to.

There's good stuff on this release though. "Baby Blu" and "The Whole Lay" and "Spinderella's Dream" are the songs I identified right away as favorites, but there's a lot to like about the looser sketches and less fleshed out tracks too.

I wish there was more clarity here. I just have no idea what to believe about who made it. Help me, one of you, if you think you have more solid answers.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|