View Single Post
Old 06.15.2006, 12:08 PM   #37
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the first live music I ever saw was a Sleater Kinney gig at the Roxy in LA for the release of the Hot Rock. Since that record was such a dramatic shift in direction, and it being my first show ever, it turned out to be a fantastic night of good music. I was 15 and my pops took me over there, which made him feel the most uncomfortable since the only dudes in their 40s at SK shows tend to be gay. As well, this was mid bubble for SK's scene, and so the crowd was essentially full of lipstick lesbian college girls (the last sk show i went to in 05 had the most ecclectic mix of people in an audiance i had seen outside of the hollywood bowl) My second live show was This Aint No Picnic when Sonic Youth got jacked for that truck full of equipment. moral of that story, just because your a band doesn't mean its a good idea to carry around most of the equipment you own, unless all you own is enough to gig with.

this was from the Roxy gig.

Some pictures I took at the SK concert I went to (these are only of Carrie, because I was closest to her and the pictures of the whole band didn't turn out):

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|