View Single Post
Old 02.01.2021, 09:41 AM   #24849
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Brilliant.

I have discussions with a few people who watched these when they were released, and their favourite ones and feelings about each one changes with age.

I (currently) love the middle one best. In just over an hour in real time, they go from a surprise reunion to both of them knowing that he will miss that plane. The pacing never feels rushed/forced. In a just world, the ending of this film would be as well known as "We'll always have Paris". Delpy is fucking genius. Hawke is also. What they do in those long takes is nothing short of astonishing.
the middle one was supernice, yeah. and the fact that they still persist in the romantic delusion is kinda charming at that point.

but by the time we get to the third one, im like "these people are stupid!" and it makes me wonder if they grew up at all or if they're forever stuck in the same groove of their emotional broken record. this doesn't make it a worse movie btw--it's a monument to the perils of late late late late late late late adolescence

goddammit, i wanna rewatch it now
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|