View Single Post
Old 09.05.2010, 02:09 AM   #14
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
True, only "Secret Girl" made the original motion picture soundtrack from '87/'88, so we're very fortunate that SY made their score available in '95. I don't think it's any secret that this is one of my top SY releases of all time, for reasons I can't even explain...something about the sound and the atmosphere (and the intriguing melodies) just takes me to another place. Another time, perhaps.

I also think that Made In Usa is very unique in Sonic albums. When I first time began to listen the album, then when Secret Girl came I was sure I really had Sonic Youth album (I really wondered, did I get accidentely some other band album in Sonic Youth album cover). Even the album sounds are so different and a long time a thought, that in "Tuck n Dar" there is someone quest singing.

Of course it sounds like Sonic Youth, when I have listened it a lot. But I think they´ve taken some elements lot more far away as in any other album. Of course there´s lot´s of Sonic songs in their cataloque, where is kind of timeless feeling. But in this album almost every song has that kind of feeling. Truly the album takes you into another place and time. Maybe syr1 is the only "album" that is near of Made In Usa.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|