View Single Post
Old 01.11.2013, 02:17 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Any exposure of the sickness and evil that is child sexual abuse is relevant. The one thing that keeps it hidden is the fear instilled in the victims by society and by their abusers, that they WILL be stigmatized for life by coming out and talking about their abuse.

grow the fuck up

That is a simplistic analysis as to why victims of sexual abuse stay quiet. It is not always fear of stigmatization. Sometimes it is a fear of being blamed, misunderstood, scoffed, threatened, and even just embarrassed. I mean, we don't like our 7th grade pictures to blasted everywhere, why would someone want to share what is one of the most tragic if not the most tragic events of their lives with strangers? For the sake of prosecution? For "justice"? Personally, if it had happened to me, I'd be keeping quiet too. If I felt so inclined for "justice", then I would probably just feel better taking care of things myself or relying on trusted vigilantes, instead of dragging private business deep into the public record.

So its not just us on the outside in society which can influence people to keep quiet, sometimes they may just prefer that for their own personal reasons.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|