View Single Post
Old 09.19.2007, 12:13 PM   #72
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Oh yes, why did I forget Francisco Lopez? I find Third Eye Foundation's 'Lions Writing The Bible' a bit whooooo, but that is probably because it was used in Chris Morris' Jam and it stuck with me. Your Diamandas and C93's should be there for obvious reasons. Philip Jeck can be rather freakish if played at night, and so can certain Merzbow stuff. In fact, I urge you to play Jeck with the lights off in your room at 2:00 am. Tell me if that doesn't make you feel a little bit queasy.

Jeck is the master of woozy soundscapes. I thoroughly hate the soundscapes word, but I think he's very good. I've mentioned Philip Randall and Pauline Malign before, they are one of the few noise artistes who go far too far with the 'shock' factor but still manage to disturb somewhat. Sainkho Namchylak is another one who's capable of making really unpleasant, genuinely so, sounds, but is also frequently pretty benign (no bad thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|