View Single Post
Old 08.09.2017, 02:24 PM   #1500
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think the role of mickey or rose's mum is to provide a contrast with what's out there and why it should be so dismal to return. like when they're sitting at some half empty fast food talking about pizza down the corner.

I understand why they're there, but they could've achieved that without making them so bloody irritating. They just kill every scene they're in Although in fairness Mickey does improve a bit in series 2.

Quote:
i had no problem with eccleston, though maybe he was a little goofy for those accustomed to something else?

Yeah, as the season evolved I thought he grew into it a bit more, especially the last stories/finale when I thought he was superb. I'd have liked to see him do at least another series. He's said himself in interviews he just got it wrong in that 1st series.

Quote:
what was shit on season 1 actually was the writing, i thought. possessed mannequins? come oooooon! worst pilot ever.

The Autons. Terrible! But yeah, the writing. I think this will always be the issue for those who prefer the classic era. The strength of the modern era is its attention to character. It does psychology and emotions far better than the classic era ever did, but the classic era (especially the Pertwee/Baker period) had far more going on in its stories. A lot of that is down to most stories in the classic era being 3-5 episodes long, so were able to get much more involved.

Quote:
1) the ending was fucking great
2) the beginning was awful

I agree.

And what did you think of Jack? I remembering him getting a lot of stick but I quite liked him.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|