View Single Post
Old 07.12.2006, 11:59 AM   #20
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Please, expand on this statement a bit.

Do you mean older as in have been forum members for a long time, or older as in born a long time ago?

How recent is this development?

Is this a reaction to the state of the board, or the state of the board a reaction to the non-participation of older members?

Can you give examples?

I'm asking these questions seriously, as I'm genuinely taken aback by what you've said.

well i have met over dozen people from the SY boards over the years, many that i have met have become close friends, and one even became my girlfriend, so while the forum is nice to a point, it doesn't have that personable touch

as for the age thing, yeah it is a much older crowd then the median age on this board, I am the youngest in the group at 23 (in a week) where the average age of everyone else is about 28 (ironically the age of Jenn), and some of us rarely post let alone look at the new board with the exception of set lists, pics, and reviews (ie staying on the subject at hand)

for example, a group of us got a chalet at ATP UK 04, Jennthebenn, Naomi, Kelly (sisterk), Chris (krisyridols i think, it's been a while since i have talked to him) and I, and met up with Toilet & Bowels and pokkeherrie who had their own chalets, and we have been friends since, in-fact we are doing ATP this December again and we'll finally get to meet Iain in person

also have met people in the Midwest last time we were out there in 04, Mike (aka Rupert 'Styles" Stilinski or Eliminator Senior), Nicole (nerdosquare, who is still out there in noiseland, talked to her a couple months ago), Sonic Kurt, and Waltercarson

in other places, met Velcrobananapeels in Pittsburgh in 03, met !@#$% and his wife on several occasions (including giving Naomi, Jenn, and I a lift back to our motel in LA), got to meet Chris Lawrence in Seattle a couple weeks ago

soon shall meet up with Amy Vega in Brooklyn with Annie from Indie Cock, and we'll see who pops up in the next few weeks, hope to finally see krastian

didn't realize that was a strong statement that you were taken aback by, it's just a reflection of how close some of us are, and that we don't use the blue board for barely any of our communication (except for inciting the young ones)
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|