Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.19.2006, 01:58 PM   #502
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
My review of the tape

Artwork looks greeat. A drawing of Jesus I persume?

Pork A
1. New order- Evil Dust
I like this group. A bud of mine bought me the greatist hits album a while back. good groovin pop tune. perfect music for me to do the robot to!

2. Warlocks- Whips of Mercy
Never heard of them. Good mellow vibe with this one. Reminds me a bit of pink floyd or bedhead. Sounds like a good song to listen to whilist laying on the floor3. Client- Unkown Title
Good electric groovin sound. I've never heard of this group either. Another good song that makes me wanna do the robot. I take it you like doing the robot?

4. Katie B- Breakdown
Another upbeat pop groove. My arms are tired from doing the robot

5. Aesop Rock- Daylight
Reminds me of the Beastie Boys but now the vocals kicked in, not so much. Good hip-hop sounds. I've heard a couple songs by Aesop Rock before. I'm digging it

6. Sparkle Horse- Happy Pig
WOW! I love the way you just morphed the tracks together. Good raw rock. Sounds like something the Iggy Pop could've written. I love the noise at the end.. But wait! They went back into the song. I love it

7. Uilab- St Elmo's Fire
Chilled out. I like the vocal harmonies

8. Prince- Anastacia
Not bad for a prince song. I was never a big fan of his. Though I like that little red corvette song

9. Papa M- Crowd of One
Starts out with phone calls. that's neat. Wow, people are leaving some crazy messages. haha, that song was all phone calls. A fun listen

Pork B

1. Broadcast- The Book Lovers
I like the organ groove

2. Arcade 2600- Frozen
Fun synth sounds

3. Neu- Lilac Angel
I like the scat singing
daduhdauhddadada!

4. Bodsenstag 2000- Wurmlochhymne
Almost Mario-esque synth songs. Cooky and fun

5. Q Lazarus- Goodbye Horses
Corny pop, (not in a bad way) it's listenable though

6. Ride- Drive Blind
Fun sounds.

7. Groove Rebels Vs. Siman
Techno-ish pop once again, very listenable. Stuff I wouldnt normally listen to. Which is a very good thing

8. Loop- Arch Lite
Again, I love how the songs seige together. One of the few guitar tracks. I like it..

A strange loop, pretty repetative, but still listenable somehow

And after about 5 minutes of silence I found the secret track. hahah

Overall the tape was very good. Mostly because the songs and artists on the tape are not things I would normally find myself listening to. Which is great, I'm always looking for new artsits and genres to get into. The tracks are very consistant. Certianly an all killer no filler tape made by a man named Porky.
Thanks freind
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|