View Single Post
Old 06.20.2017, 08:55 PM   #1278
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Only if you think of us tv solely in terms of long form dramas.

okay. so i moved this from the movie thread to here because my brain was malconnecting

so... maybe

american tv borrows/buys a lot from british comedies. from... what was it called, man about the house... to... the office... to... what's the name of this one, hm, oh yes, shameless-- which i saw recently and was hilarious (haven't seen the american version yet)

i did like the american office better though, mostly because of dwight schrutte

but yea

problem is, here we don't get to see a lot of say, french, or spanish, or hungarian tv around here. so it's hard to compare with europe as a whole.

as i was saying some of the big shows are international coproductions-- game of thrones for example. also some smaller shows like borgia or marco polo or the tudors. (i like borgia better than the borgias. the borgias has a "better" cast but borgia is way more fun). oh shit, who/where makes VIKINGS? i fucking love that show.

there's a lot of good stuff out there. right now i'm watching "arn, the knight templar" and i'm glad i didn't return it. almost didn't survive the swedish dialogue + mandatory subtitles cuz i often like to do other shit with tv shows-- so, like, when i'm busy, i don't have time to "watch movies" but i can handle some teevee while i organize lists and do light online research and stuff like that.

but anyway tell me a bit about better european tv than american because i'm infinitely curious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|