View Single Post
Old 03.30.2006, 10:26 AM   #14
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses

2002 again. the third SY gig I witnessed was the most underwhelming gig. After the ecstatic joy of Manchester, I decided I would buy a day ticket for Scotland's very own T in the Park festival as SY were playing one of the tents. I got in to the site about 2pm, confirmed the time and location of SY, and then milled about all day, mostly in the unsigned bands tent. I saw a pretty cool instrumental band who had some melodic noise. I also saw Cornelius who were great.
SY were due to play after some English prog band, I forget their name, but I watched the end of their set, trying to get a good position for SY. After their last song, one of the guys from this band recommended us to stick around for Sonic Youth (to my annoyance... I wanted everyone to leave so I could get up the front). Anyway, I managed to get a fairly good space and watched patiently as SY's equipment was set up. I remember seeing a trolley of guitars and feeling a tingle of excitement as the reality of the situation materialised. The band finally came on. Lee and Thurston were wearing denim jackets. Thurston introduced the group and then they launched straight into Tom Violence. It was a pretty standard set.. the sound wasn't great and they seemed to lack energy as if they were just going thru the motions. As it was part of a festival, they only got about 45 minutes as well which sucked... also, there was a really annoying guy in front of me who kept jumping up and down and he had a rucksack that was flopping about and he was a geek and I hate him.

It was a weird day all in all. I hung around by myself. I don't recall talking to anyone. The food and drink was a rip-off. I hate festivals. Apart from ATP. Which we'll come to next....

setlist:

Tom Violence
Kissability
The Empty Page
Rain on Tin
Eric's Trip
Plastic Sun
Disconnection Notice
Radical Adults Lick Godhead Style
Drunken Butterfly
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|