View Single Post
Old 09.10.2006, 06:20 PM   #64
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedy
That tops it all - the Public Enemy defense. People that know nothing about rap always say they like PE. Thats because they say things liberals think that underpriviledged black people should be saying. Everyone else is ignored - Nas being a prime example.

The thread title IS absurd, but no one would have looked in on it if I had just mentioned Nas. I had a point though: not so much that Nas is BETTER than Dylan (thats illogical because they do almost totally different things), but that Nas and other rappers lyric's are very good and extremely complex and intelligent, but are never recognised as such by most white rock and punk fans.
You're right there as in fact mysoginy is pointed out more when it comes to rappers than when it's an obvious feature in a white rock band's lyrics,sure.What do you do of the vile homophobia of certain rappers though?I'd be interested to hear.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|