View Single Post
Old 06.08.2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip

And about bands with huge discographies...sometimes it is weird to think that a band could call it quits after a few albums, and that others can go on for so long. And worse, that some bands have long dignified careers, and others just won't seem to die. What do you think?

On this point, I think it's a question of the fans a lot of the time. u2, the Rolling Stones - people keep buying it, so as long as they can be bothered they'll probably keep churning it out. You could argue the same for SY and the Fall. Certainly none of those 4 mentioned have the urgency they used to. In fact, with the Fall you could say that, given they can't make that much money, why bother?

Obviously, I'd disagree because I'm a rabid Fall fan. But... well, like Billy Childish or Julian Cope. I've never met a fan of either, but they keep churning out project after project. Who the hell sustains their careers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|