Thread: the fiscal clif
View Single Post
Old 01.05.2013, 02:24 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, I realize you're talking about the "clif" in general, not responding to Bytor's specific $50 complaint. I was just telling him the facts about his $50. The reason I chose to do that is because he copypasted some bullshit scribble that read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor's copypasta
The numbers? Well the average paycheck will see a $200 a month decrease in what you make. Meaning - you will pay around $200 more a month in payroll taxes. The Bush tax cuts are now gone. The government wins - you now will pay your fair share.

See how cleverly done is it? It's saying that the "increase" in payroll taxes negates the Bush tax cuts. But that's not an increase exactly-- it's a return from a temporary emergency reduction to "stimulate the economy".

You debunk one lie and the whole edifice of crap collapses.

Now I get it that you want to argue something else beyond that specific point. You're saying that taxes are worth paying and Americans shouldn't be such selfish individualistic assholes.

I agree with you in part. But I also see the point of the opposition-- that you or me are better equipped to decide what we do with our moneys than some politically-driven bureaucracy.

This country was created in part by selfish individualistic assholes who exterminated indians and enslaved blacks in the name of liberty. So you can't ignore the libertarian streak in American politics that habitually and traditionally ignores externalities-- even if Ron Paul was never going to be elected, Americans believe they demand less from their government than people in other countries. This is particularly true in rural areas and among ethnic groups like the Scots-Irish. They want to be left alone to fend for themselves and they see you as a commie thief who wants to fund his lifestyle from their hard work.

Compromise between irreconcilable views is by definition a bitch. So we have a shit compromise bill and another showdown in 2 moths. And more shit down the road. Yep. That's the price of living with people who are different than you are (I don't mean you personally, I mean the impersonal "you").
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|