View Single Post
Old 07.12.2008, 02:22 AM   #632
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, you're too kind, sweetie. The only way I could reciprocate is coming to your wedding and playing Skullflower cover versions to you and your hubby on your big day.....hmmm, maybe not, eh?

Boring Melly-nostalgia time: My Dad usd to play that LP wayyyy back in the 70's, and I LOVED Claire Torry's voice on "Great Gig....". Come 1988, and I was knee deep in Big Black/SY/Butthole Surfers, and it was de rigeur for the indie-punk types to sneer at that LP. Being a sheep at the time, I joined in the anti-PF baaing, but I always had a soft spot for that tune (that, and "On The Run") - thank Christ for growing up, stopping being a oafish twat, and being able to enjoy tunes like that again....I have a theory about "the kids" having far more diverse and unbigoted tastes today than they did in my day, but I won't bore you with that now.