View Single Post
Old 04.21.2013, 04:21 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm glad you like it. Most of the people I've spoken to seem to be disappointed. It's like they want the band to keep playing Yoshimi for the rest of their career, instead of expanding and trying out new things. Unfortunately for those people, repetition is not what the Lips are about, and they love to push boundaries and put their fans to the test.

I love this album, and I think it's far and away the best of 2013 so far. But is it for everyone? Not at all. It's not even necessarily for Lips fans. Why won't people just accept that "She Dont Use Jelly" was a flash in the pan from two decades ago, and that it wasn't even representative of the Lips back then!

This album actually makes me a little watery in the eyes at times. Tough listen, emotionally.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|