View Single Post
Old 10.13.2013, 11:03 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Nabeel Rajab's sentence was reduced from 3 years to 2 years and he has been beaten and is in solitary confinement. His "crime" was "involvement in illegal practices and inciting gatherings and calling for unauthorized marches through social networking sites", "participation in an illegal assembly", and "participation in an illegal gathering and calling for a march without prior notification."

I think few would argue that these should be crimes at all.

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova did actually commit a crime, several times in fact but the church declined to press charges until they'd had enough. What the argument here is as to the severity of the punishment. But it's in line with the type of punishments similar offences have resulted in in the UK.

I'd rather give my energy to other "causes" than this woman.

Incidentally can anybody tell me what she was actually protesting about? I can't find anything about the specifics.

Russia is still our enemy, Bahrain our friend etc etc etc etc yackity yak

i'm glad i asked!

thanks
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|