View Single Post
Old 02.24.2010, 05:04 AM   #1122
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
do you need to play me 1 first or can you just jump into 2?

Well, you don't necessarily "need" to, but it's definitely worth it.
Except for some boring side quests it's a really nice game, you can import your last savegame to ME2 (so you have the same looking character with all his/her background in terms of decisions made in ME1, and there are a few big ones). I played ME2 for like 20 mins (I'm away from home these days ) and I'm already hooked, looks better, "feels" better, the storyline seems really intriguing...

Also you get a sort of "3 questions quiz" that sums up the main decisions in ME1, not sure wether this is just becuz I imported my savegame or it's a sort of quick summary for those who didn't play it (after you answer you'll find in the codex, a sort of "in game wiki", paragraphs about the "ME1 storyarc" according to your decisions, to help you catch up with the events).

Anyways, play the first one, avoiding sidequests to save time (you level up with those, but in the end in ME2 there's just a money bonus for the level you reached in 1, you start from scratch in terms of skills etc).
You'll get to know the characters (dialogues are really nice overall, as are the different "personalities" of your crew) and some crucial moments are definitely worth playing through.

If you don't give a shit about continuity etc (remember it's supposed to become a trilogy) just start with ME2.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|