View Single Post
Old 01.17.2017, 09:13 PM   #56
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
NIN are just fine. it's the Korn, Limp Biscuit, Creed, Nickleback, Emeniem contingents from the late 90's that worried me the most and I was right to worry. a whole generation of dumbasses weened on rap-rock and post grunge = gross shit!!!

NIN was lumped in a bit with Korn for a while. Specifically, I remember a group of kids in my high school who alternated between Korn, NIN and Tool shirts... maybe a Manson every once in a while, or a Nirvana (because deep, obviously)... sometimes even a Submie tee, which I always found really incongruous on several levels, but whatever.

Anyway, because NIN had dark videos that were played late at night and kinda looked a bit like the "ADIDAS" video mixed with the "Ænema" video (divided by Depeche Mode), NIN was somehow thrown in with that trinity of pre-rap rock, post-grunge whateverthefuck. Really, Trent didn't belong in that company. I don't think those kids ever listened to Pretty Hate Machine all the way through. Surely if they had the music would have seemed totally gay to the lot of them.

I always thought of Nine Inch Nails as a peer of Jane's Addiction, Rollins Band, Faith No More, Ministry, Coil. Dark, weird, ambitious, heavy, a bit artsy... Not the same stuff the Korns of the world were made of.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|