View Single Post
Old 01.24.2013, 06:28 PM   #16553
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Not everyone who was chanting "Cut!" at the Cannes premiere was wrong.

The same could be said about all the writers and directors who signed a letter straight after that screening, declaring it a masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
At the end of a hard day, are you going to put on a slow, you-must-eat-your-vegetables-and-watch-this-movie-or-else-you-will-be-a-drooling-fool film?

Not everyone watches L'avventura out of some masochistic desire to educate themselves. While I'd never call it an exciting film, I find it massively enjoyable. It's not something I can watch just like that, but when I'm in the mood I honestly can't think of many more pleasurable ways to kill a few hours. That obviously suggests I lead an impossibly boring life (largely true) but for my sins I do really enjoy watching L'avventura. The whole masochism thing is as bogus an idea as the one that says a half intelligent person can only enjoying something 'crap', ironically.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|