Thread: Os Mutantes
View Single Post
Old 10.20.2011, 03:36 PM   #73
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
When I went to NY people would say things like "no way you're from Brazil, you're too white" but at least they were curious and asked questions, while many Europeans view that idea of finding out more about other cultures more threatening than fascinating.

do you think the too white thing might be why people are curious instead threatened?

i mean obviously it varies from person to person but i bet if you were a black man who sucks at english people might be more threatened

also there's a big difference between visiting a place and moving to it

like most americans are nice to everybody, in the united states i'm confident most people will put their biases aside and help out anyone who needs them.

but americans might become equally or more biased against other cultures if they payed attention to them

i mean they started paying attention to islamic countries now, and look what happened there

but i mean people also get stabbed for being mexican, and most of the people who do that sort of thing probably think brasil is an island off the coast of mexico so don't feel too tolerated
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|