Thread: hi
View Single Post
Old 02.21.2010, 09:19 PM   #51
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
hey hey hey !

i am subliminally hidden in this message. hello.

i've woken up two hours ago. alas today's the last day of my holidays but i got to see three great gigs this week so that was okay:

clara clara + lepolair on wednesday: lepolair is a lille based electronica/glitch project, he was good. clara clara are a french math rock / psych pop band, they really impressed me. the drummer was standing up and singing, i did not expect something so good. great gig

death by horsecock + le principe d'inconstance on thursday: le principe d'inconstance was mindblowing, they're based in lille as well. one guy playing the guitar plus various effect pedals, macbook, etc, doing something like ambient/noise/post-rock, and some guy reading poems on the top of it. they deserve to be well known. death by horsecock (yeah...) is another lille ambient/noise band, they're totally instrumental though. they were good too, kinda reminded me of double leopards, but with a funnier twist.

beak> + dd/mm/yyyy + jookabox + jackie-o motherfucker yesterday: jackie-o was fucking great. i was a bit afraid they'd be boring but they were absolutely fantastic. jookabox surprised me, i did not know them and they were mindblowing, really fun and energetic, it seemed like they had no limits (they even have a track with a revamped reggae rhythm). dd/mm/yyyy was a bit disappointing; they've got very good ideas (with double drums, really energetic performance, etc), but they just lack the tracks. i was expecting something better. and then beak> was really good, much more dancier than on record - their album already grooves, but it gets really even groovier live, everbody was shaking their heads. great gig too.

also, i've been "hired" (though i won't get paid) for a french webzine, i'm really glad of that.
anyway, enough of the egocentric talking.

which webzine??

I'm seeing janes addiction in a few days, I hope to god I am pain and migrane free for the evening, and not so zonked that I fall asleep while standing for 3 hrs.