View Single Post
Old 01.09.2016, 12:59 PM   #51
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I think "only one" and "four-five seconds" are great, but this new joint sounds like REAL Kanye. I kinda hope those tracks stay off the album... I'm pretty sure they will. FFS will go on the Rhianna album, "Only One" is great fodder for a singles comp, but this is the first time I've thought "Oh, he's actually worked on this" in a long time.

Yeah, that sample is excellent. I've kinda fallen off the Ty$ wagon as far as his solo releases go, but the man can produce. That sample is "perfectly Kanye", but in kind of a new way. Still, I could tell how it was going to resolve before it actually did.

I think it reminds you of Graduation because, let's face it, this is the first time we've heard Kanye use a looped beat and vocal sample for the entirety of a song without some crunching chorus to interrupt it (Bound 2), or several different time changes (Power) since.... well, since Graduation, which was built on top-shelf redundant loops.

And yeah, that snippet at the end was wild. I need to listen again, but I heard echoes of that Ghostface Sample from "New God Flow" which was immensely satisfying for some reason. Like, he's back motherfuckers!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|