View Single Post
Old 09.27.2006, 02:15 AM   #30
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
well, each drummer had their own style. Shelley is a more technically competent drummer, but not so 'by-the-book' that he can't dive in and hold his own thru a noise jam and 'no-wave' it with the best of them. Bert was more 'in tune' with who SY were in the early days. his drumming was more primitive, loud and Mo Tucker-esque. I liked the minimal use of cymbals, snare and basic 4/4......Edson's work was just dancey, clean and cool. didn't really fully fit the sound/genre, but still made it sound wonderful. i'd still have him on the EP if i had my choice. maybe because i'm used to it....i dunno.
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|