View Single Post
Old 09.05.2010, 03:52 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Prindle's an entertaining writer (sometimes) but he often misses the point when it comes to metal (didn't he once refer to Tool as "Stool"?)...metal (especially Megadeth) isn't about clever, catchy lyrics; it's about riffs and solos.

I definitely agree with you there; he constantly puts down Tool, which a lot of people do (and even though I think they're one of the best mainstream rock bands of all time, I agree with quite a bit of the criticism)... but then he'll praise Neurosis for the same things he puts down Tool for. And then he'll give CKY a 10/10. Um, okay, sure.

I just don't think he "Gets" metal, just like he doesn't "get" rap, but he reviews it anyway. Still makes for interesting -- if silly -- reviews. His SY page is the worst, though, he's even said that himself, since some of the reviews are 10 years old. Goo used to have the 10, then Confusion had the 10, now NONE of their records have a 10. And, again, he'll put down one record for something and then praise another record for the same thing he criticized earlier. Makes for odd reading.

His best reviews are the ones like Zappa's page, where he listened to all the records in a row, and reviews one a day, or however he did it. Since he didn't wait, say, 5 years between adding reviews to the page, all the reviews have a consistency to them.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|