View Single Post
Old 08.05.2010, 02:37 PM   #2029
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
^I saw Yahtzee's "review" (let's be honest, very few people take the views he expresses on Zero Punctuation seriously) of Limbo the other day, and seeing that artwork for The Path makes me agree with him that nearly every indie game has an emo/goth motif...they say game makers wish they could be filmmakers, so it's like big developers want to be Michael Bay/John Woo, while indie studios wish they could be Tim Burton directing a movie screenwriten by Neil Gaiman...

It doesn't bother me, being at least partially into that sort of thing (not yet, anyway).

I played Yahtzee's Chzo mythos games, and the later ones had that kind of goth vibe to them. They were still fine, though the first two were way better. The Path looks kind of...mmm whatever, music is kind of neat. Limbo looks pretty fun though, kind of Eraserhead looking.

In terms of Indie games though I want to play this BAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2YYDcfT1Y

I feel weird that I want to play this more than Starcraft II or Deus Ex III. But I'd love to play this one.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|