View Single Post
Old 05.01.2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I don't believe there's much Mirror/Dash to explore (this was just Thurston/Kim as a duo) beyond the 7". Maybe some live recordings but I'm not sure if any circulate. Kim repurposed the title for a fashion line recently.

As for Free Kitten, the early EPs are just Kim/Julie as a duo and some people probably swear by those recordings but for me, Nice Ass and Sentimental Education are fantastic albums (the latter being the stronger of the two, in my opinion). It doesn't sound that different from Kim's contributions to SY in the early 90s, but Julie adds her voice/style. Really worth checking out. The "reunion" album was closer in tone to the early EPs, less formed than the two albums I mentioned, which are all structured songs.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|