View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 01:56 PM   #47
trainyard bliss
little trouble girl

trainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard sucka
sonic youth was my only favorite band for about a year and a half. close behind were bands like my bloody valentine, dilute, fennesz, tortoise, sparklehorse, the flaming lips, deerhoof, and yo la tengo. then in the past two weeks i've been listening to a lot more of the flaming lips and some of their earlier records, learning more about why they do what they do and what they represent . . . and then i heard zaireeka. it's a four disc album where you play each disc at once from four stereos. not only that, it's like an experimental music kit as they encourage you to mess around with the sound characteristics of the stereos you use for each disc, which discs you play, how many you play, where you position the stereos, playing in synch or out of synch, and basically anything you can think of. anyway, it was basically the greatest thing i've ever experienced. i was shaking the whole time. the flaming lips have joined sonic youth as my favorite bands.
trainyard bliss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|