View Single Post
Old 05.04.2009, 08:20 AM   #173
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
i'm still mixed about The Eternal after several listens but a few things are very apparant as compared to almost any album they've done in the 2000's... the songs on this album are very immediate and tight, no real long forays into noise or weird sonic passages or at least they are kept to a minimum, where the focus is on song structure it is also sort of a weakness here, there are some songs that are just too bland and unengaging for me (ie Leaky Lifeboat) and others that are spotty with great moments meshed with some really off bland riff. I forget which song (i think Leaky Lifeboat again) has a riff thats lifted from that Helen Lundburg song or the other from that 7". The vocals are interesting and different, their sounds like a new guitar tuning on this album too. Definitely more of a heavier rock based sound on this album more like Dirty/Goo than Sonic Nurse or Rather Ripped. the song "What we Know" startf out to me sounding like a Pixies riff and then Thurston's guitar has a Polvo-esque whcked out chord too which is interesting... I dunno about the comparisons to the pre-DGC era i just don't hear much of that at all on this album.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|