View Single Post
Old 02.22.2013, 08:35 PM   #16
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
yeah but Wayne was around when those two words first had meaning. The term has since been hijacked.

Punk rock is a rock music genre that developed between 1974 and 1976 in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

It just sounds a little forced. I don't mean that Wayne Coyne isn't just about as punk rock as the frontman of an arena headlining, platinum selling, Kylie Minogue covering band could possibly be... I mean, he obviously is. All I mean is that the words themselves sound a little clunky in the context of such an over the top song.

I really like the song actually, but... Man, I don't think anyone can pull off singing about "punk rock." Not even SY. It's not a "poseur" issue. The words just don't really roll off the tongue very well. I have a hard time saying "punk" out loud at all. But fuck it, Wayne posts nude videos of R&B singers and releases music via fetus. He's find of experimental noise, stage blood, fuzzy guitars and doing things just to piss people off. He's probably the most punk rock rock star in the world.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|