View Single Post
Old 06.11.2019, 07:35 PM   #2845
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the things BM shows you to fear in tech are red herrings. The actual stuff you should fear is already in place.

every single text, cell phone call, IM, DM, or even voice note you have ever created has been copied countless times during transmission, and are all stored in many places with supercomputers running algorithms on the data .

Trust me, you are speaking my paranoid language. I am that oddball that still uses a flip-phone, has never owned a smart-phone, and has never done social media. I had a Myspace and LinkedIn at one time, but both were cancelled long ago and were rarely used. No lie, this board is as "social" as I get online, and even that is pretty minimal, only really ramped up the past few years. I also agree with you about the red herring part of BM and technology, but I do find it sad that many write off the show as a whole. I really do think there are some real great episodes hidden in there, while certainly still recognizing why many don't enjoy it as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
charlie brooker did some excellent BBC comedy series

Newswipe
Screenwipe

Cool, I will have to check those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
it's really well done. Elizabeth Moss can act more in a silent closeup than many actors in extended sequences. It's a harrowing story, but incredibly well done

Ya, I have watched a few more episodes and am starting to really get into it. And while I talked trash on Leftovers, I really did enjoy an actress in it a lot, and she is in this show as Aunt Lydia. I am enjoying seeing her acting more, and am coming to think she is quite phenomenal herself, actually. And I am already agreeing with what you say about Moss, too.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|