View Single Post
Old 03.09.2009, 01:26 PM   #37
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
more bands and records:

UN-UN (siltbreeze full length, like the more conventional rock parts of royal trux mixed with the lo-fi parts of tower recordings, i think Marica Basset is one of my favorite musicians, from this band, to double leapords, to hotogisu, to religious knives, to zaimph, she makes killer fuckling tunes)
feedtime-Feedtime (noisy and raw and bluesy hardcore punk, or hardcore blues-punk, awesome vocals too)
Yes Collapse
Bassholes
Leper Print/Artificial Limbs
Metrocide
Garage Indians (amazing noise band that often recalls early sightings covering amon duul 1 that seemingly has nothing availible anymore, i got some of thier stuff on 23 production and i assure you its head fucking)
fat work of error (i want a new album, though the bromb treb solo 7" of drummer neil young is good enough)
taj mahal travellers
absu (new fave death metal)
arthur doyle's free jazz soul orchestra-bushman yoga
nuclear crayons (you know how when a band is called "acid punk", they are hardly acidic or punk at all? like camper van beehtoven is kinda punk, but hardly psychedelic. and the butthole surfers are sure as hell psychedelic and drugged out and are punk in aesthetic, but thier sound is more than anything a blown noise drenched take on classic 70s rock. well, some bands fit the descritpion perfectly, like chrome, and the nuclear crayons. this album is a deliberate attempt to combine the hyper-creative and powerful strand of early 80s british hardcore punk of rudimentary peni and discharge with the psychedelic wierdness of bands like the red krayola and soft machine. brilliant.)
endless boogie (have i mentioned them already? sorry they just fucking rule)
alvarius b with dylan nyoukis-sugar: the other white meat lp (i feel lucky to have this, one of the world's most infleuntial people period, thats mr alan bishop, with one of junk collage noise's true innovators, two very rad dudes from two very different and equally strange styles of music as well as members of two of my most beloved bands of the 90s, prick decay and that band that bishop is in that we sometimes talk about. more in bishop's style than dylan's, but it is so good, i wish i could upload but i only have it on vonyl)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|